In a unique and unusual setting directly jetting into Lake Geneva on a rocky island, is one of the most striking and remarkable buildings in all of Switzerland. Built on a rock, Chateau de Chillon is a famous and historic monument dating back to the presence of Savoyard. First constructed in the 13th century on top of even older foundations, the Chillon Chateau has been home to numerous prominent figures includes emperors, popes and princesses. During the 13th century, Chateau Chillon was the princely residence of Pierre, Compte de Savoie (1203-1268). Later, in 1442, Pope Felix V, stayed between the walls with his court. This magical location and its past also gave inspiration to Lord George Byron's famous poem, "The Prisoner of Chillon" in 1816.
Why this venue:
Chateau Chillon, due to its rich historical significance, sheer beauty, and unprecedented location, directly on the water, with breathtaking views of the Alps and Lake Geneva is our most exclusive and exquisite castle wedding venue.
- Blessing Ceremony Only
- Luxury Castle Venue
- Located just 4 km from the town of Montreux
- Direct access to Lake Geneva; Lake Boat Cruises Possible
- Wedding Reception / Cocktail may be possible on special request
- Castle Recommended for Ceremony Only; Return to nearby city for Reception and Accommodation
- Weddings possible from March - November (please inquire for other months)
Capacity: up to 100 guests
For the wedding ceremony, an officiator will conduct the ceremony. Extra decorations, seating, and live music available upon request for an additional charge.