Papadopoli Giol [IT]
Villa Papadopoli Giol, better known as “castle”, is a palace built in the 1800's for will of Earls Papadopoli, in Neogothic English style.
The impressive size of the building hits the eye of the observer, while the two high squared and emblatted towers and chimneys disguised as pinnacles, and the ogival double lancet windows, fashinate him giving the impression of finding himself in front of a true medieval castle.
Why this venue:
The side of the castle that overlooks Piazza Papadopoli and the church of the village is in fact the back side of the building, being the main entrance facing the park. It looks pictueresque anyway thanks to the succession – at the ground floor- of large gothic windows surrounded by climbing plants and flore-beds. Beside, between the building and the large entrance gate, under high plane-trees, rises a beautiful and great fountain made of three orders of pools. The largest one, bringing four crouched lions disposed on the four cardinal points, collect the water falling down from the upper pools.