The Castle of Coppet was reconstructed at the end of the 17th century upon the ruins of a 13th century fortified castle, some remains of which may still be seen. The castle lies in a vast park overlooking the Lake of Geneva.
It tells the story of a family: that of the Swiss Jacques Necker, Finance Minister to Louis XVI, and of his daughter, Mme de Staël, who went into exile there due to her opposition to Napoleon.
She initiated the "Salon de l’Europe" where prominent figures of the day debated on the arts, literature and politics. Since Necker’s time, the castle has remained in the hands of his descendants.
This explains the home-like atmosphere of the museum which displays superb furniture, paintings and objects in their original setting.
Why this venue:
Coppet Chateau is a charming castle very close to Geneva and international airport (up to 30 minutes by car). The ceremonies in the chateau’s garden are with the view on the castle and on the lake.
- Blessing and Legal Civil Ceremonies Possible
- Both indoor and outdoor ceremonies possible
- Wedding Ceremony, Cocktail, and Reception all possible at castle
- Accommodation in Coppet town or nearby cities
- Variety of Salons and Rooms available for your wedding use
- Music allowed till 3-4 a.m.
- Weddings possible all year round
Capacity: up to 250 guest
For the wedding ceremony, an officiator will conduct the ceremony. Extra decorations, seating, and live music available upon request for an additional charge.